Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission are twin organizations which form the core of a worldwide spiritual movement aims at the harmony of religions, harmony of the East and the West, harmony of the ancient and the modern and peace for all humanity.
Ramakrishna Mission is a registered society in which monks of the Ramakrishna Math and lay devotees cooperate in conducting various types of spiritual & philanthropic activities without any distinction of creed, cast, race or nationality.
It was founded, in the year 1897 by Shri Ramakrishna’s direct disciple and religious leader Swami Vivekananda (1863 – 1902), who is regarded as “One of the main moulders of the Modern World”, in the words of an eminent western scholar.
The Organisation is conducting its spiritual and philanthropic activities through their (171 Nos.) branch centers in India and outside India. The headquarters of the organization is at Belur Math (Dist Howrah, West Bangal), near to the city of Kolkata. Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Aurangabad is one of the branch centers of the Ramakrishna Mission.
Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Aurangabad is one of the branch centers of the Ramakrishna Missionand got affiliated on 6th June 2005. Before affiliation the center was conducting its activities through lay devotees in the name of “Shri Ramakrishna Ashrama” since last 22 years.
The management of the activities of Aurangabad centre is vested in a Managing Committee consisting of monks and lay members.
The center is serving the citizens of the Aurangabad- Marathwada area with the following activities:
- Daily worship at temple.
- General Library.
- Gramin Vikas Centre at Pardari Village- Rural development center.
- Homeopathic Dispensary
- Mobile Dispensary – Rural
- Vivekananda Charitable Dispensary at Ashrama
- Permanent Exhibition on Holy Mother and Swami Vivekananda
- Selling of Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Vedanta Literature in Mission Premises.
- Mobile Book Stall i.e. Vivekananda Jnan Rath
- Spritual & Personality Development Retreats at Ashrama.
- Relief Work in times of natural calamities etc.
- Free Coaching Centre for poor children.
- Drinking Water Projects for Rural villages.
- Construction of New Universal Temple of Sri Ramakrishna started.
- Narayan Seva – Poor feeding on special programs.